Registration and move in for Spring 2020 is January 12!
Enrolling this spring? Your journey begins January 12.
Here's what you'll need to know about registration if you're planning to start classes in Spring 2020.
January 12—Move in and registration
You can complete almost all of your Registration Checklist (find it on Portal) ahead of time, but you'll still want to arrive Sunday morning to give yourself time to move in and finish any steps left on the checklist.
What should I do when I arrive?
All offices will be open from 10:00 - 5:00 p.m. on Sunday (Jan 12).
- Pick up your registration packet—Stop by the Ortner Center get started.
- Get your photo ID—We'll take your photo and print your ID right there in the Ortner Center lobby. That way you can eat in Union Market and buy supplies from the Campus Store.
- Move into the residence hall—Check into your room and get settled.
- Finish the Registration Checklist—If you haven't finished already, be sure to finish your checklist (log into Portal using your UCID). If you have questions, stop by the Enrollment Office, Records Office or Student Financial Services Office (see the Campus Map) to get the help you need.
- Check out uConnect—Join us at 5:00 p.m. in the Ortner Center lobby for a free supper and an orientation session that will help you be prepared to start classes on January 13.
January 13—Classes begin
If you have questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402.486.2504. You can also scroll down on this page for more useful information.
If you are enrolling Fall 2020
Move-in day is Thursday, August 20
Your journey at Union begins August 20
We will post a detailed schedule soon, but here are some important dates to circle on your calendar:
August 20—Move-in Day
Arrive on Thursday to get settled into your room and be ready for uConnect new student orientation to start on Friday. If you have any items left on the Registration Checklist, take the time to finish them on Portal.
August 20—Optional testing
If you need to retake the ACT, we will have a testing session on Thursday, August 20. The ALEKS math placement test will also be given that day. Both of these are optional. Learn more
August 21—Parent Orientation
Parents, you are invited to join us for Parent Orientation on Friday August 21. It's an all day event that includes a free lunch and supper. We also invite you to stay and experience Sabbath worship with us.
If you can't make it, we'll also stream many of the sessions on uTV.
August 21—uConnect new student orientation
Orientation is possibly the most fun you'll ever have while also learning to stay safe and use library resources. It's also required for all first-year students. We will be posting a full schedule here soon and we'll mail you one this summer too.
August 21—Transfer student orientation
Transfer students should complete registration Thursday (Aug. 20) and then join us for a special orientation session at 9:00 a.m. on Friday to learn more about our campus and resources at an orientation just for you.
August 22—Worship together
We'll kick off the new year with a great day of worship, fellowship and fun. After sundown, check out Lifesize Fun for some great games, food and to make new friends.
August 24—Classes begin
After a relaxing Sunday, you'll be all ready to start classes on Monday, August 24.
What do I do first?
Where to start when you arrive
- Check in at the residence hall to get checked into your room.
- Stop by the McClelland Gallery in the Ortner Center to get your official college photo. You'll need this for your ID card, meaning the sooner you get it, the sooner you can eat! Here are the hours it's open:
- Thursday, Aug. 20—9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 21—9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Here’s more that will help you settle in at Union.
Registration Checklist—You can now log in to your Portal account to start on the Registration Checklist. You can do the majority of everything online now, but there are a couple things (like photo ID) that you'll have to wait to accomplish until you're on campus.
Parents, you can see the major items needed via the Acceptance Checklist.
Campus Map—Find the quickest way to Union Market's bakery no matter where you are on campus.
Union Market hours—it's never fun to be late to dinner.
What should I bring? Check out this easy list of what to bring to college.
Once you're here ...
More things to know once you get here.
Transportation to campus—Need help getting from the Lincoln or Omaha airports to Union College? No problem! We provide free airport pick up for new students and their parents. Please email email@example.com with your itinerary and cell phone number at least 1 week before your flight departs. The earlier you can email your itinerary, the better.
ACT test (Optional)—Union will offer an ACT test time on Tuesday, August 20, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. You can use this time to try to raise your score on any combinations of sections. This is a residual test which means your score is only good at Union College. To learn more or register, click here.
Best cell phone service—While you can use any cell phone carrier, Verizon, Sprint and US Cellular provide the best reception on campus. T-Mobile traditionally doesn’t have great service, but they are installing an antenna on campus.
Finding a Job
1) Register for your classes. Potential employers want to know if your free times match with when they need workers.
2) Check our job board. Apply via email to the contact listed in the posting.
3) Follow up with the people you applied to. Make sure they know you are interested in the job.