Campus Health


We serve the mental and physical health care needs of Union's campus family, as well as collecting required information such as the personal health history, immunization records, and other registration forms. Campus Health serves and supports our campus with non-urgent health and counseling visits. For services we can not offer, we are happy to supply students with referrals in the community for urgent or ongoing therapy/treatment as needed.

The campus nurse provides assistance for minor injuries or illnesses such as colds, sore throats, rashes, intestinal flu, and sinus problems. Some immunizations are given. You can get assistance with arrangements for immunizations for foreign travel. 

Immunization Requirements

Make an appointment for mental health counseling, pastoral counseling, or with the nurse or athletic trainer. We are here to help!


Campus Health is located in Rees Hall, Room 119 (between the Lincoln Police Station and George Stone School).

Hours and contact information

Monday–Thursday: 9:30 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:30 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Trainer hours: Thursday 9:00–9:30 a.m
Holidays and breaks: Closed

Phone extension: 2554
Fax: 402.486.2564

The Registered Nurse, Tammy Adams, is normally in the office during these hours. Please feel free to come during this time with your questions and needs. If the nurse is unable to help you, and it is necessary for you to see a health care provider, arrangements can be made through Campus Health for an appointment. If you cannot come to the office during one of these times, please feel free to contact the nurse to make other arrangements. An orthopaedic trainer, Jordan Bart, is also available available to meet with on Thursday mornings.

Union College Campus Health HIPAA policy.


For those who are not insured with your family, student insurance is with Consolidated Health Plans (CHP) and the Preferred Provider Organization is with First Health Network. If you need to visit a doctor, you should check with the school nurse to find which providers are in this network or go to or call 1.800.226.5116. There is a $250 deductible. LincCare, Urgent Care Clinic and all the Lincoln hospitals accept the school insurance. A claim form MUST be completed and sent to the insurance company. Claim forms are available at Campus Health and the Student Services office.

Prescription benefits are included in the plan with CHP. To find a prescription drug provider go to or call 800.248.1062. There is a $25 co-pay for generic prescriptions and a $50 co-pay for brand name medications. Insurance will then pay 80 percent of the cost. Special consideration should be given to the $4 generic med program available at Walmart and Hy-Vee. You can ask the prescriber if one of those is an option. Always take your insurance card with you before you go for medical services. If you have lost your card you can get a copy from the Student Services office. 

For students with school insurance you can check to see if a particular provider is "in network with CHP by clicking here. CHP will cover 80% of the charges if an in-network provider is used and only 60% or less if providers are used that are out-of-network. Also to find new insurance card to login to CHP and look up member ID information click here.

Questions regarding your insurance see Tammy Adams or the Student Services office (DB104) for assistance.

HIPAA Policy for Campus Health

Additional medical assistance

If you need to see a physician, MedExpress is located at 3910 Village Drive (south of 40th and Old Cheney). They expect payment at the time of service unless you have your insurance card. They are open Monday–Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m and Sunday noon–9:00 p.m. They usually accept Blue Cross and the school insurance. Urgent Care is located at 4210 Pioneer Wood Drive, Suite A (close to 70th and Pioneer Blvd). They are open 8:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m. Monday–Friday and 10:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.

If you need to go to the emergency room for orthopaedic injuries, the doctors at Nebraska Orthopaedic work with Saint Elizabeth Hospital. There are also emergency services at BryanLGH East and BryanLGH West.

Students with school insurance will be charged a $100 co-pay at the time of the visit if you walk in to Urgent Care or MedExpress.

Students with School insurance can also try CHI Health Quick Care at Williamsburg. This is a walk-in clinic located in the Hy-Vee grocery store that can prescribe antibiotics and treat minor health problems quickly and will charge a $10 co-pay for students with insurance through CHP. Must have insurance cards with you and then pay the $10 and then 20% of the charges incurred during the visit will be billed to them in the mail after insurance pays their portion.

3910 Village Dr.
(south of 40th & Old Cheney)
Mon.–Sun.: 8:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.

Urgent Care Clinic
72nd & Pioneers
Mon.–Fri.: 8:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
Sat. & Sun.: 10:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.

Saint Elizabeth Emergency Room
555 South 70th Street
(orthopaedic injuries)

BryanLGH East Emergency Room
1600 South 48th Street

BryanLGH West Emergency Room
2300 South 16th Street

CHI Health Quick Care Clinic
6001 Village Dr


All full-time students (12 or more credit hours) are insured automatically under an accident policy during the school year. This is supplemental accident insurance in which payment will be made up to $1000.00 per injury. First submit any bills to your primary insurance company. Get an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) from the primary company and submit it with a claim form and any remaining bills to the school insurance.

Sports and orthopedic injuries

Jordan Bart, an athletic trainer from Nebraska Orthopedic, will be in Campus Health on Thursday mornings from 9:00 a.m.–9:30 a.m. for evaluation and assistance with sports injuries when school is in session. No appointments are necessary and all visits take place in Campus Health.

Counseling services

The services of a licensed professional counselor, Lorie Escobar, are available. Call or text 402.540.2354 to set up an appointment.