Ready for life
Picking a college means a big investment that will forever impact your life. At Union, you’ll find the personal mentorship and experiences that will ensure you develop skills such as creativity, grit, compassion and leadership that will make you a highly sought graduate—and more importantly—discover God’s calling for your life. And we can prove it.
Predicting future success
Some data scientists polled thousands of college graduates to figure out what college experiences help predict future career success and well-being in life (they called it the Gallup-Purdue Index).
They discovered six keys make the difference:
- At least one professor who makes you excited about learning.
- Professors who care about you as a person.
- A mentor who encourages you to pursue your goals and dreams.
- Working on a project that takes a semester or more to complete.
- An internship or job that allows you to apply what you’re learning in the classroom.
- Being extremely active in extracurricular activities and organizations.
If you experience any of these during your time in college, you are twice as likely to have a fulfilling career and life. And if you can answer yes to all of them? Almost three times more!
Experience the Union advantage
When our 2017 graduates took the Gallup-Purdue Index survey, they reported having these six experiences far more—often twice as much—as the national average. And we see the results in our alumni who are successful in careers they love, and changing the world around them. [Link to alumni stories]
Are you ready to explore the life God has in store for you? We’ll equip you to make the most of your journey of a lifetime.
Want to learn more?
Watch this short video by Dr. Frankie Rose, our vice president for academic administration, as he explains why the Gallup Purdue index is important and what it tells us about the quality of a Union College education.